Saturday, July 29, 2006

A SUPER DAY WITH THE SUPERSTAR

After dropping her off at their hotel in downtown Manhattan, Ate Guy asked Leonel and I to have lunch with them the following day. We both took off from work yesterday and met with them around noon. While walking on the way to their hotel I texted her business manager, to let them know that we were just a block away. It was quite a tiring walk what with the sweltering heat. We sat at the hotel lobby and in a matter of minutes there they were stepping out of the elevator. The Superstar was in high spirits that afternoon. She never ceases to amaze me. We asked her what she wanted to eat and said Japanese na lang. Since we were along Park Avenue, Leonel recommended this exquisite Japanese Restaurant on 32nd St. I walked with Ate Guy while Leonel was talking with Kuya Norie.

While seated comfortably at the restaurant, Ate Guy called Albert Sunga, her closet confidante and a trusted friend. While the theree of us were ordering, by the way she had Shrimp Teriyaki, the Superstar handed me her phone, I spoke to Albert and he told me how envious he was, then I gave the phone back to her and she proceeded with her conversation. After a couple of minutes she gave it to Leonel. They talked for a short while then handed it back to her. As we were having lunch, Ate Guy said she hopes people would come in droves for tomorrow's event to help the organizers. She knows how difficult it is to put up a show like this one especially for first time producers. After lunch we walked along Park Avenue and took more pictures. It seemed like I wasn't spending time with a Superstar. She treats us like family. But I'm still trying to get her to sign my poster of Andrea, Paano Ba Ang Maging Isang Ina? (MRN Films, 1990). She said she'll think about it...

3 comments:

MICHAEL U. OBENIETA said...

Hey, Brod Jo:

Looking at you hugging the Superstar, whose trust you have obviously won, I must say: "You are super-blessed." Regards to Ms. Nora and tell her she's included in my prayers for her to continue blessing her believers with the genius of her craft.

Myke

Jojo Devera said...

This was taken outside the Japanese restaurant after we had lunch. Ganyan naman talaga siya sa akin laging nakasiksik. Thanks a lot! I am truly blessed to be on her good graces. She knows what my love for her knows no bounds. By the way I just sent you an e-mail.

MICHAEL U. OBENIETA said...

Hi, Brod Jo:

I'm on cloud nine due to your e-mail. Thanks heaps. Just sent you my reply. Bless you, my friend.

MykeO