Sunday, December 03, 2006

A SUPER CHRISTMAS PRESENT




As all hardcore Noranians know, once you've bonded with Ate Guy it would be impossible to convice the Superstar to sign an autograph. When I first met Ate Guy during the first leg of her Power Of Two US Concert Tour with Pop Diva Kuh Ledesma a couple of years ago in San Francisco, I brought the DVD of Bilangin Ang Bituin Sa Langit (1989) with me so I can have it autographed. Unfortunately for me, after spending sometime with Ate Guy, when I asked her to sign my DVD she refused to do so. She told me that I am not a fan anymore but a family member. From the number of occassions, I've spent time with the Superstar, I would constantly beg her to sign my Nora memorabilia. Last summer when she was here in the East Coast, I tried asking her if she could sign my poster of Andrea, Paano Ba Ang Maging Isang Ina? (1990) and once again, she didn't give in to my request. Over the weekend, Leonel and I was asked by her business manager General Norie Sayo to watch her show in Baltimore. I brought a lobby card from her film Minsan, May Isang Ina (1983) so I could ask her for the nth time to sign it for me. Before we left this afternoon, she called me to her hotel room and to my utmost surprise, she handed me the lobby card with a personal dedication. I cannot believe that after all the pleading she finally gave in to my lifelong request. I told her that it's really a Super Christmas present!

0 comments: